I lost my wallet last week and it put a hold on any work I wanted to do. Got the new card on Friday and a quick trip to Magnums I bought a new sink and sliding window for the side door.
I now have all the parts except the wall lining so this week will get very busy for me finishing the van.
The new kitchen unit is a combined double hob and sink with split glass covers. I can wait to get this in and put the camping hob into storage…
I also bought some of the recycled bottle based insulation.
The plan is as follows;
- Strip the middle ceiling panel and over kitchen cabinet and apply the spray insulation.
- Strip down the kitchen, install the bulk insulation into the sliding door, spray insulation around the window frame.
- Install the new sliding window in the side door and panel the door.
- Cut the new worktop (taken from the Bus) and install the new kitchen unit.
- Reassemble the kitchen, remount the over kitchen cabinet and roof panel.
- Connect up the services to the sink/hob
- Stuff the gap between the kitchen and side wall with the recycled bulk insulation.
I think there is a good 2 days work in there but I will have to crack on with it as I will be without a kitchen during the process.